If you have never been to IKEA than you don’t know of all the awesomeness that is entails. Its one thing to just buy something online but the store itself is an adventure. We’ve been to several across the US and its pretty uncanny how they are all set up exactly the same. I know I know lots of stores do this, but they do it consistently. It really irks me to go into a superstore thinking I can find the product I’m seeking and not only have they relocated it but it is not carried at that said location. We love IKEA for this and so much more and here is why.
My #1 is Smaland, a daycare of sorts for small children while you shop. I’ve dragged my kids around this ginormous store and its not easy or fun at times. This small segment of freedom, I mean kid free time is pretty amazing. I can usually get all my shopping done during this 60 min or 1 hr 15 minutes because we have an IKEA family card which gives extra time during non busy days of week and day. But to be totally honest I’ve taken this time in the past just to go into their cafeteria style eatery and just be kid free and drink free coffee, again another IKEA family card perk. However you decide to spend your time while kids are in Smaland, its a nice benefit they provide their shoppers, for free.
Fun Fact: IKEA stands for – Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd (Swedish home furnishings retailer; derived from founder’s initials and hometown)
I knew that before we got our RV I would be filling it with IKEA products. They make affordable, functional, good quality products for unique and small spaces. They switch up colors and seasonal styles regularly but they always have their usual staple pieces. So the bunk-beds we decided on for our midbunk I saw at IKEA probably about 10 years ago. I know lots of families who use this piece of furniture for their kids and I’ve yet to hear a bad review regarding it. While on a Facebook group for fulltime RVers I saw how someone took out the furniture in their slide and replaced it with an IKEA sectional sofa sleeper. I became obsessed with this and made sure this could be an option in our RV, I took lots of measurements.
Even if you don’t have small or unique living spaces you can be sure to find lots of things that you need and want from this superstore. You can buy practical items from furniture to kitchen wares or take home a real bamboo plant or bag of sweetish meatballs. They sell lots of cute kids toys as well as educational items. FYI the names of their items are all in Swedish so they may look a bit funny to the average English speaking consumer. The store was founded in Sweden in 1943 by then-17-year-old Ingvar Kamprad and has grown to almost 400 stores in 48 countries so I think they know what they are doing at this point.
Here is a list of most of the Items we have purchased specifically for our RV. We bought a 2016 Grand Design Reflection 367bhs in the Summer of 2016. Check out the video we took the day we brought it home. Also be on the look out for an upcoming video showing off all the updates we have made including the following IKEA items purchased.
- Sectional Sofa Sleeper FRIHETEN- http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50242997/
- Desk – Pahl – http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49128945/
- Magnetic Knife Strip – GRUNDTAL- http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60238645/
- Bath Towel Holder – http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60047896/
- Wine Rack – HUTTEN- http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70032451/
- Bunk Bed -KURA –http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80253814/
- Extendable Mattress -VYSSA SLUMMER – http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30158918/
- Spice Racks -BEKVÄM – http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40070185/
- Drawer Divider – HÖFTA- http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00282108/
- Utensil Holder – ORDNING – http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30131716/ & http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30011832/
- Dish Drainer – FINTORP – http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40225615/
- Pillows -BRUNÖRT- http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90326508/ & MATTRAM – http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30320953/ & RAGNBORG –http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90262139/
- Inner Cushions – http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70262197/ & http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30230896/
- Wall Mounted Table -BJURSTA- http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80217524/
- Night Light -SPÖKA – http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30150984/
- Clip-on Light – EBBARED- http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40251930/
- Storage Boxes -TJENA – http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50323776/ & http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70323780/
- Bed Pocket Storage -STICKAT – http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80300486/
- Dish Towels – BESKUREN- http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80260225/
If you follow our Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/Trailin1/ you already kinda know all the awesomeness we have been having, please “like” us. Don’t forget to follow us on here as well to keep up with our families trail! Also, our families main source of income is Hippie Hoopla, any purchases on-line allow us to keep our adventure going. Please stop by our site and take a look!
Thanks for your support!
💕HELP SUPPORT our TRAILin adventure at no cost when shopping through our Amazon link! http://amzn.to/2IAHhh8
❤️INSTAGRAM – https://www.instagram.com/hippiehoopla_trailin/
💛YOUTUBE – https://www.youtube.com/c/TRAILinTODAY
💚FACEBOOK – https://m.facebook.com/Trailin1/
💙PINTEREST – http://www.pinterest.com/hippiehoopla/